"From whence cometh wars and fighting’s among you? Come they not hence, even of the lusts that war in your members? James 4:1
HOPE FOR TODAY!
Do you know that there is a war within each of us, our spirit vs. our fleshly desires? Paul said in Romans 7:23, "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." So where does sin come from? Sin originates from within us, and repentance is an absolute necessity in this lifetime to be more than conquerors over the wages of sin, which is death.
WE ALL NEED REPENTANCE…
Charles Haden Spurgeon put it this way,
"Do not fall under the notion that the necessity for repentance is over. I have heard it said that repentance is merely a change of mind. I wish that those who so speak had undergone that change."
In other words there is more to it than just a change in mind with words, there are actions required, or as the book of James tells us, these seven steps to repentance that must be taken. These seven steps are found in James 4:7-10 and they are,
- 1. Submit yourself therefore to God.
- 2. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- 3. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.
- 4. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners.
- 5. Purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- 6. Be afflicted and mourn, and weep, let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
- 7. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and he will lift you up.
WITH JESUS IN US WE WIN THE WAR!