Each of us will have a personal purpose. What will be your success story? Take a few moments to write down your vision, hopes, and dreams. With all that you have read here I challenge you to start laying the foundations to your own success story. There are none that are greater, or less than the other. All of us have purpose. Listen about another success story in
"And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the
highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to
prepare his ways;" Luke 1:76
John the Baptist was given a calling like no other! To go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways! We each are given a calling in our life and no, not everyone can be a preacher! All of us have a purpose. Let's start with the importance of those that are called to perform personal works. Personal work has many advantages because it is dealing with one person at a time. It is the simplest form of Christian work and one of the most effective. I remember my time teaching class at a Rescue Mission. There were many that
frequented and even lived there, some for months due to hard times.
In this time I was called to teach a Discipleship class, but more importantly I was given the opportunity to be there and listen as people poured out their hearts about various struggles that they were going through, one at a time they received Jesus as their personal
savior! Praise Jesus for this opportunity because all too often it was my heart that was changed for the better!
Personal success has a few things that need to be pointed out.
1. All can do it. Have you have heard it said,
“You can be who you want to be”? For everyone who applies themselves, to everyone that allows their life to be molded, and to all who desire to succeed. All can do it if they go for it!
2. It can be done anywhere. Your dream can come true anywhere that you choose to apply yourself. There is no geographical disparities that prohibit someone chasing their dreams! You can achieve success anywhere.
3. It can be done anytime. Have you heard it said,
“They are an overnight success story.”?
Well, I’m not sure about how many are actually true overnight
success stories, but this just means that you can have success anytime, day or night, Monday through Sunday, it simply requires that the wheels be set in motion.
4. It reaches all classes of people. Your success will touch many people’s lives because all will want to know your secrets, always point to the grace of the one who is your foundation and gave success to you!
5. It is direct and personal. Your success will open many conversation opportunities and you will have direct contact with many that seek to find their own success story. What an opportunity to help others and change the world!
6. It hears the needs of each person. These newly found relationships and the conversation opportunities that you will have because of your success will enable you to hear the needs of others as they are filled with hope and are striving to succeed also. Help them with their needs and build for we!
7. It works where other methods fail. Your success is an open door and a platform where other methods of reaching others with hope have failed. There are far too many people in the world today who believe there is no hope for them. You are an inspiration to them where other means have not reached to them.
There is nothing like a one on one relationship with those that are reaching out for help and desire to succeed and are looking to you as the example to follow. It will change your life! You have a calling just as many of the prophets and apostles in the Bible had.
While a message from the pulpit is good, it might not be as effective as those that deal with a person directly and personal, sharing with them the way to succeed!
You are a success and will be used to help others succeed in life!